Friday, July 18, 2014

Designer's Best Bids

This week our designer for our Designer's Best Bids series is Anne Walker of
Anne Walker Design LLC. Anne, a former corporate lawyer, modeled her design after a British Pub. Anne's confident and take-charge work style made for a beautifully cohesive design where I would love to sit and have a cup of tea or a pint!

Checkout Anne's design below as well as a Q&A with the designer. 

All items will be auctioned at our Metro auction on July 22. 
 Please contact megan@weschlers.commegan@weschlers.com for more information.












Designer Q&A

Weschler's: How did you become a designer?
Anne: "I've loved design ever since I was a child, and after 17 years as a corporate lawyer I decided it was time to follow my passion. After a year of planning and preparation, I left my law firm one day and opened Anne Walker Design the next. I've been in business for six years now and I'm so thrilled to have found a way to make a living doing what I love." 

Weschler's: What do you like most about being a designer?
Anne: "Honestly, I love everything about design, so it's a little hard to answer this question, but I guess I would say that the best part about being a designer is using creativity and experience to help people solve problems and make their everyday lives a little more pleasant."

Weschler's: Describe your design style.
Anne: "I work with all kinds of clients - some residential, some corporate, some urban, some in coastal locations - so I'm adept at interpreting any design style or design preference into a beautiful, functional, harmonious space. That said, in my own home I like to mix different styles. We have some antiques that we've inherited from family, some very clean modern pieces, some Scandinavian pieces that we've purchased during our travels. I tend toward minimalism in my own home - I feel more peaceful and happy with less things around. And it's always more interesting to have furnishings and art that have been collected and cherished over a lifetime, rather than everything purchased in one fell swoop." 

Weschler's: Do you buy at Weschler's? If so, for work or for yourself?
Anne: "Yes! I absolutely love Weschler's and have found so many wonderful treasures there, both for my own home and for clients. When I was a lawyer, I worked right down the street from Weschler's. I used to stop by Weschler's every single week, and couldn't wait to see what wonderful new things had arrived for the new week's auction. You can find the most amazing pieces at auction, and often for a fraction of the price you would pay anywhere else." 

Weschler's: Why do you buy at Weschler's?
Anne: "Weschler's is the best auction house in town, in my opinion. The staff are so friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The merchandise is fantastic. The location is so convenient - just a few blocks from the Design Center and other downtown destinations. Most of all, though, the value I get from the purchases there is just amazing."

No comments:

Post a Comment